The Prototyping Fund is for students who are passionate about building new products and have an idea for an innovative hardware or software technology.
Workshop: A prototyping workshop with hardware and software experts from the community will be offered at the start of each semester
Equipment: Teams will be responsible for accessing the resources needed to build prototypes, but will be given access to key partners who can provide access to equipment and tools
Showcase: All funded projects will participate in an event at the end of the semester to showcase your prototypes. We’ll ask each team to reflect on:
March 7th: Applications Due
March 17th: Award announcements made
Week of May 5th (exact date TBD): Showcase event
Congratulations to the following teams for being selected for the first NYU Prototyping Fund awards. We are excited to see what you create!
- Artificial Bone Substitute: Miriam Chaudhary, Poly; Michael Lowry, SOM; Peter Walker, SOM
- Heat Nomad: Fiona Chen, Poly; Fatima Khalid, Poly; Michael Richmond, Poly; Cotter de Zabala, Poly
- Interactive Chessboard: Aankit Patel, Tisch (ITP)
- Lifeline Drones: Michael Mathieu, Courant; Pilar Zaragoza, Tisch (ITP)
- Mobile Fiber Optic Loop Sensor: Kevin Chen, Poly
- Physical Equalizer: Anne-Marie Lavigne, Tisch (ITP)
- Portable Air Supply: Patrick Gumusoglu, Poly; Patrick Nave, Poly
- Resistance-Generating Clothing: Vanessa Charubhumi, SOM; Jenny Chen, SOM; Ryan Grattan, SOM; Franklin Yao, SOM -