If you are a current NYU student, researcher or faculty member with a project you’d like the NYU Innovation Venture Fund to consider for investment, please read our investment criteria carefully before submitting your profile. Once you have completed your NYU venture profile, we will contact you.
Keep in mind this is intended to provide a preliminary overview of your venture concept. An investment decision will not be made based solely upon the content of your profile; rather we are simply making a preliminary assessment of the potential of your project. Don’t worry if you have not fully researched or considered all the questions laid out below – we expect you may only have preliminary views on many of these questions at this point – through the programs offered by the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute, we can help connect you with resources to help you develop the details of your business model.
New Venture Concept
- What existing problem/condition does your solution address and how is it addressed today/what is the standard of care?
- Describe how this technology will be applied to create a product or service?
- What makes your product/service unique and why might customers/patients buy or use it?
- Who are the potential users/customers and buyers/payers for this, and how big is the market opportunity?
Technology and Intellectual Property (IP)
- What is the technology at the core of this venture?
- What is the background of the invention/discovery and who are the principal investigators/developers?
- What supporting data/evidence do you have that your invention/discovery works as claimed?
- What IP protection exists (provisional patents, patents, copyright, know-how, trade secrets, etc.) if any?
- What are the potential sources of revenue for your venture (what is your business model) and which do you intend to pursue first?
- How can you scale this into a large business (what is your sales & marketing strategy)?
- Who/what are the existing and potential competitive alternatives to your solution?
- What is your sustainable competitive advantage/barriers to entry?
Regulatory Pathways (if applicable)
- Describe the potential regulatory pathways (510K, PMA, OTC product, etc.) and any predicate devices if applicable.
- Outline key clinical studies required to get regulatory approval.
- What are the current team's qualifications for executing your plan?
- What are the key skills and areas of expertise you need to add to the team?