The Center for Urban Science and Progress (CUSP) is an applied science research institute that is being created by New York University and NYU-Poly with a consortium of world-class universities and the foremost international tech companies to address the needs of cities.
A project this important is going to draw a lot of attention, and it has. Here are some related news items regarding the project.
No items to display.
New York City Council Committees Hear Testimony on CUSP
CUSP Director Steve Koonin and CUNY Vice Chancellor for Research Gillian Small testified at the September 28, 2012 oversight hearing, "The Applied Science NYC Initiative – Plans for a dramatic transformation of the City's economy," held jointly by the New York City Council Committee on Higher Education, the Committee on Technology, and the Committee on Economic Development.
News and Updates
- N.Y.U. to Create Research Institute in Brooklyn | New York Times, April 24, 2012
- NYU tapped to open urban science grad school in Downtown Brooklyn | Daily News, April 23, 2012
- NYU's Bklyn campus deal breaks 10-year gridlock | Crain's, April 23, 2012
- Mayor Announces 2nd Tech Campus for NYC | WNYC News Blog, April 23, 2012
- Mayor Bloomberg, New York University President Sexton, and MTA Chairman Lhota Announce Historic Partnership to Create New Applied Sciences Center in Downtown Brooklyn | April 23, 2012
- NYU Names Renowned Physicist Steven Koonin Director of New Center for Urban Science and Progress | NYUToday, April 23, 2012
- City Hall's Selection of NYU's Center for Urban Science and Progress as an Applied Science Center, and the Announcement of Its Director | April 23, 2012
- Deal in the works for NYU "genius school" in downtown Brooklyn, but sticking point is cash | Daily News, January 17, 2012
- Tech Campus: NYU Gains | Crain's, January 15, 2012
- NYU nears deal on tech campus in Brooklyn | Crain's, January 1, 2012
- An Update on the Center for Urban Science & Progress | December 21, 2011
- Statement from NYU Sr. Vice President Lynne Brown | December 19, 2011
- Councilwoman Jessica Lappin, state Sen. Daniel Squadron push to build genius school on their turf | Daily News, November 16, 2011
- Cuomo council seeks to boost city tech campus | Crain's, November 8, 2011
- City Mulls Approving Two New Campuses | Wall Square Journal, October 28, 2011
- New York City May Become Host to More Than One Science Campus, Mayor Says | Bloomberg, October 27, 2011
- School daze! NYU proposes research lab at MTA's derelict building | The Brooklyn Paper, October 27, 2011
- NYU eyes former MTA headquarters for urban grad school in Bloomberg's contest for new university | Daily News, October 26, 2011
- NYU Eyes Brooklyn Building For New Science Center | NY 1, October 26, 2011
- NYU Proposes Major Downtown B’klyn Expansion | Brooklyn Eagle, October 26, 2011