In the event that the University officially closes due to a weather emergency or other emergency, the policy to record attendance for the date of closure is:
- All non-exempt employees (i.e., clerical, technical, etc.) should be marked "Excused" for the full day on their timesheets or timereports.
- Non-exempt employees who had a scheduled vacation or personal day should be marked "Excused" for the full day and should not be charged vacation or personal time.
- Non-exempt employees that were unaware of the University's closing, and reported for work must be paid as follows in addition to the "Excused" time pay:
-- Regular Rate Overtime: Worked hours up to their standard weekly full-time hours
-- 1.5 Regular Rate Overtime: Worked hours in excess of their standard weekly full-time hours.
- Exempt employees (i.e., administrators, managers, etc.) not recording time on timesheets/timereports should not have the day deducted from their vacation day accrual or personal days.
- Exempt employees that worked do not get additional pay or time-off.
Should you have further questions, please contact NYU PeopleLink at email@example.com or 212-992-LINK (5465).