Reporting, Investigating, and Resolving Sexual Misconduct, Relationship Violence, and Stalking- Complaints Against Students
In an effort to maintain a safe learning, living, and working environment, NYU prohibits Sexual Misconduct, Relationship Violence, Stalking, and Retaliation (“Prohibited Conduct”), as set forth in the Sexual Misconduct, Relationship Violence, and Stalking Policy (the “Policy”). This document sets forth NYU’s procedures for reporting, investigating, and resolving violations of the Policy where an incident involving a Student as a Respondent has been or will be reported to NYU (“Procedures”). These Procedures should be read in the context of the Policy and capitalized terms used in these Procedures are defined in the Policy.
Covered Persons who wish to make a report of Prohibited Conduct against a Student are encouraged to contact the NYU Title IX Coordinator, the NYU Office of Equal Opportunity (“OEO”), the NYU Department of Public Safety, the NYU Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards (“OSC”), or the other reporting options discussed in the Guides for Students and Employees cited below. At the same time, NYU seeks to be sensitive to those Complainants who seek access to Confidential Resources, but may not wish to report Prohibited Conduct. The following resources can assist Complainants in identifying Confidential Resources and University reporting options:
· Students may refer to the Sexual Misconduct, Relationship Violence, and Stalking Resource Guide for Students;
· Employees may refer to the Sexual Misconduct, Relationship Violence, and Stalking Resource Guide for Employees; and
· Third Parties may contact NYU’s Title IX Coordinator.
These Procedures apply when a report has been made to one of the NYU offices above or to a Responsible Employee at NYU.
- Dates of official enactment and amendments: Aug 25, 2017
- History: Supersedes Reporting, Investigating and Resolving Sexual Misconduct, Relationship Violence, and Stalking- Complaints Against Students dated October 2016
- Cross References: blank