Policy on Responsibilities of Subscribers or Clients of NYU Telephone Service
Student subscribers and faculty, administrator, and staff clients of New York University's telephone service are subject to the fraud, abuse, and harassment provisions of state and federal communications law, as well as to applicable University policy.
Purpose of this Policy
This policy clarifies the requirements for members of the University community who use NYU's telephone service.
Scope of this Policy
This policy pertains both to students who subscribe to NYU's telephone service and to those individuals who undertake mission-related activities and who use NYU's telephone service.
- Students residing in NYU Residence Halls can request access to NYU's telephone service. Students must provide their own telephone.
- For more information on NYU's telephone service, please visit www.nyu.edu/servicelink/041214313233571.
- If you receive harassing telephone calls, notify your RA, GA, or Resident Hall manager at once. Residents in Hayden Hall (240 Mercer Street) and D'Agostino Hall should notify the Law School Office of Residential Life (1-212-998-6510.) NYU Residential Life and Housing Services and NYU Public Safety will be alerted. Public Safety will investigate the complaint. NYU Residential Life and Housing Services, in cooperation with Public Safety, will advise NYU IT Technology Operations Services to take appropriate action.
Faculty, Administrators, and Staff
- The NYU telephone system supports the business and academic calls of University faculty, administrators, and staff.
- In order to make long distance calls from a University telephone, an authorization code is necessary. Each University employee (i.e., client) is eligible to receive an individual authorization code if a budget officer, acting under the authority of a Dean or Vice President, accepts account responsibility for the charges associated with its use. Further information is available at www.nyu.edu/servicelink/041213517191762.
- The University does not permit calls to the 900 area code or to the 976 exchange.