NYU Google Apps for Education is a set of communications and collaboration applications hosted by Google Inc. on behalf of New York University. NYU Google Apps for Education is offered by Google to NYU in accordance with a specially negotiated end-user license agreement designed to protect the privacy and security of information owned by New York University and the members of its community, guaranteeing that Google will not access or re-use information stored in these applications for its own, commercial purposes.
In order to use Google Apps for Education as provided to NYU, all users must be aware of, agree to, and adhere to the following:
- When utilizing NYU Google Apps for Education services, you are bound by the NYU Policy on Responsible Use of NYU Computers and Data.
- Anyone in the NYU community utilizing NYU Google Apps for Education services must agree and adhere to the Google Terms of Service. In all cases, Google's privacy policies govern.
- Anyone in the NYU community utilizing NYU Google Apps for Education services must be aware that their data may be stored in datacenters outside the borders of the United States.
- As stated in the Policy on Responsible Use of NYU Computers and Data, anyone in the NYU community utilizing NYU Google Apps for Education services acknowledges that NYU has the authority to monitor, use, or disclose their data under appropriate circumstances, and that Google provides NYU the ability to do so. Any access of information stored on your account will follow the standards established in the current University practice which can be found on the Information Technology policies website.
- The NYU IT Service Desk will provide general support for NYU Email powered by Google and NYU Calendar services, and substantive support to the best of its ability on the core set of NYU Google Apps for Education, while offering limited, best-effort help and advice on the large set of linked commercial Google applications.
- Anyone in the NYU community utilizing NYU Google Apps for Education services must acknowledge that Google can terminate their account if they fail to abide by the Google Terms of Service.
- Nothing about the implementation of NYU Google Apps for Education changes NYU's policies or guidelines for appropriate handling of data, whether transmitted, shared, or stored (see Electronic Data and System Risk Classification Policy).
About This Policy
Effective Date Supersedes N/A Issuing Authority Vice President, Information Technology & Global University Chief Information Officer Responsible Officer Vice President, Information Technology & Global University Chief Information Officer