New York University's Office of Equal Opportunity offers education and awareness workshops for the University community.
NYU employees may register for the courses below by accessing the iLearn Login under the Work tab of NYUHome.
The following courses are currently open for enrollment:
OEO 101: Preventing Harassment on Campus
This course will provide an overview of the NYU Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy as well as applicable federal, state, and local laws. The first hour of the program will present an overview of discriminatory harassment. The second hour will focus on sexual harassment in the working and learning environments. Through an interactive discussion, participants will gain awareness and develop strategies for recognizing and reporting discrimination and harassment. This two hour course is open to all NYU employees.
Upcoming Workshops: 2017 - 2018
- Thursday, September 28th, 10:00AM - 12:00PM
- Thursday, October 19th, 10:30AM - 12:30PM
- Monday, November 13th, 10:30AM - 12:30PM
- Thursday, December 14th, 10:00AM - 12:00PM
- Thursday, January 18th, 11:00AM - 1:00PM
- Thursday, March 1st, 2:00PM - 4:00PM
- Thursday, March 29th, 10:30AM - 12:30PM
- Thursday, April 26th, 1:00PM - 3:00PM
- Tuesday, May 29th, 10:30AM - 12:30PM
- Thursday, June 21st, 11:00AM - 1:00PM
- Tuesday, July 24th, 11:00AM - 1:00PM
- Thursday, August 16th, 11:00AM - 1:00PM
OEO 102: Preventing Harassment – Supervisor’s Workshop
This workshop is an extension of the OEO 101 course designed specifically for supervisors. Supervisors play an important role in identifying and preventing harassment and discrimination in the workplace. NYU also holds supervisors to a heightened standard for reporting and responding to such issues. The workshop will offer important information, with interactive discussion and case studies, specifically relating to the role of the supervisor. This 90 minute course is open to all NYU employees with supervisory responsibilities.
Upcoming Workshops: 2017 - 2018
- Thursday, September 28th, 1:00PM - 3:00PM
- Monday, November 13th, 1:30PM - 3:30PM
- Thursday, January 18th, 2:00PM - 4:00PM
- Thursday, March 29th, 1:30PM - 3:30PM
- Thursday, June 21st, 2:00PM - 4:00PM
- Thursday, August 16th, 2:00PM - 4:00PM
OEO 110: Employees with Disabilities and Workplace Accommodations
This course will provide an overview of workplace accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as state and city disability law. Supervisors will learn key concepts about providing reasonable accommodations, the interactive process, and responding to requests from employees with disabilities. This two hour course is open to all HR officers and supervisors responsible for responding to requests for workplace accommodations.
OEO 120: Responding to Sexual Misconduct and Complying with Title IX
This course will provide an overview of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the NYU resources and procedures in responding to allegations of sexual assault and sexual harassment. This course is encouraged and open to all NYU employees likely to receive complaints or learn of allegations of sexual misconduct.