The mission of the Office of Compliance and Risk Management is to assist New York University, as an international center of scholarship, teaching and research, to carry out its academic mission with integrity and in accordance with the University’s legal, regulatory and ethical responsibilities.
The Office offers compliance and risk management services to the University community that include:
- Providing the University Compliance Steering Committee (UCSC) with a comprehensive view of the University’s compliance activities, in conjunction with the University Compliance and Risk Officers Working Group;
- Coordinating the activities of the University administrative units that have the primary responsibility for compliance;
- Advising the University’s administrative and academic units on compliance matters;
- Promoting communication and coordination regarding compliance and risk management throughout the University;
- Conducting ongoing compliance monitoring and investigations;
- Working with Compliance and Risk Officers to ensure that identified compliance deficiencies are corrected; and
- In collaboration with the University’s Compliance and Risk Officers, reporting on compliance and risk management matters to the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
The University Office of Compliance and Risk Management assists by providing useful resources to the NYU community. We hope you will find the information on this web page educational and helpful.