The Office of Compliance and Risk Management provides a range of services to the University community aligned with and implementing elements of the NYU Compliance Program, as described below:
Compliance and Risk Program Structure
- Co-chair University-wide compliance committees: Compliance and Risk Officers Working Group; Schools Compliance and Risk Officers Task Force; and the Global Compliance and Risk Officers Task Force.
- Coordinate identified risks and mitigation plans for reporting annually to the Audit and Compliance Committee of the NYU Board of Trustees and to senior leadership.
- Communicate the concerns of the Audit and Compliance Committee and Senior Leadership to the compliance committees and substantive risk owners.
- Gather and report on annual monitoring activities conducted by the various business and academic departments at NYU.
Training, Communication and Education
- Train on the Code of Ethical Conduct, and other specific topics such as conflicts of interest, export controls, University policies, and other compliance areas.
- Produce the Compliance Matters Newsletter
- Informational and educational materials on the office website
Policies and Guidelines
- Maintain the NYU Policies website, a repository of University policies located at www.nyu.edu/policies.
- Develop and review selected University policies in collaboration with the Office of General Counsel and policy owners.
- Assist in locating applicable policies.
Annual and Periodic Monitoring
- Monitor Conflict of Interest disclosures from Trustees, Officers, Key Employees and Administrators and conflict management plans.
- Provide substantive expertise regarding Import and Export Compliance and screen parties for trade sanctions law compliance.
- Maintain the Compliance and Risk Reporting Line and investigate complaints.
- Monitor compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act.