Between organizing your syllabi, decorating your room, and catching up with old buddies (or making new ones), take a picture that captures your first week experience. First-day-of-school selfie? Glamor shots with the new roommate? Pics of that HUGE stack of books you just bought? We love 'em all.
Snap a photo on your digital camera or cell phone and:
-tweet the picture at @nyuniversity, mentioning #myfirstweek
-post on your Instagram and mention @nyuniversity or #myfirstweek
-upload your picture to NYU's Tumblr
-or e-mail your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit by Monday, September 8th. A winner will be announced on Friday, September 12th!
The winner—chosen by a jury of NYU faculty, alumni, and staff—will receive a $100 gift card to the NYU bookstore!
- The contest is open to all current NYU students, whether in New York, Abu Dhabi, Shanghai, or at any of our study away sites.
- You must be an individual (not an organization, club, or group) to enter.
- Your photo should depict YOUR experience of the start of the Fall 2014 semester.
- For consideration, the photo must be posted and tagged #myfirstweek by 5pm on September 8.
- The image must be in good taste and positively represent NYU. (No nudity or profanity, please.)
- Only post a photo to which you own the rights. Entrees must comply with terms of service for Instagram, Twitter, and/or Tumblr.
- Contest submissions may be featured on NYU’s Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr pages.
- The winner will receive a $100 gift card to the NYU Bookstore.
- The winner will be notified with additional details.