January 13, 2014
Nine alumni from the Tisch School of the Arts and two from the Gallatin School of Individual Study walked away with prizes at the 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards, which were presented last night by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) at a ceremony in Los Angeles. Tisch winners included:
• Director Steve McQueen ’94 (Kanbar, Film), Best Motion Picture - Drama for 12 Years A Slave
• Co-producer Mark Kamine ’92 (MFA, Kanbar, Film) Best Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical for American Hustle
• Director/writer/executive producer Vince Gilligan ’89 (BFA, Kanbar, F&TV) Best Television Series – Drama for Breaking Bad
• Co-executive producer Sam Catlin ’98 (MFA, Acting) Best Television Series – Drama for Breaking Bad
• Writer/co-executive producer Thomas Schnauz ’88 (BFA, Kanbar, F&TV) Best Television Series – Drama for Breaking Bad
• Director Michael Slovis ’79 (Kanbar, Film) Best Television Series – Drama for Breaking Bad
• Line producer Stewart Lyons ’72 (BFA, Kanbar, F&TV) Best Television Series – Drama for Breaking Bad
• Writer Richard LaGravenese ’80 (MFA, Acting), Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television for Behind the Candelabra
• Actor and producer Andy Samberg ’00 (BFA, Kanbar, F&TV) took home two Golden Globes for his new series, Brooklyn Nine-Nine: one for Best Television Series – Comedy or Musical, and one for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical.
Winners from the Gallatin School included:
• Screenwriter John Ridley ’87 (BA), Best Motion Picture – Drama for 12 Years a Slave
• Producer Richard Suckle '91 (BA), Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy for American Hustle.
Members of HFPA represent some 55 countries with a combined readership of more than 250 million. Their publications include leading newspapers and magazines in Europe, Asia, Australasia and Latin America. The Golden Globes recognize achievements in 25 categories; 14 in motion pictures and 11 in television.
# # #
This Press Release is in the following Topics:
Tisch School of the Arts
Type: Press Release
Press Contact: Shonna Keogan | (212) 998-6796