The Humanities Initiative at NYU has launched a redesigned web site that features videos showcasing research in the field, information on fellowships and other funding opportunities, event listings, and more.
The redesign of the site, humanitiesinitiative.org, coincides with the Initiative’s celebration of its seventh year supporting humanities research at NYU.
“The new website has been designed to better serve the needs of the NYU community and external audiences by showcasing the depth and breadth of projects and the caliber of research at the university,” said Faculty Director Jane Tylus, a professor of Italian Studies and Comparative Literature.
Features of the new website include:
• Video interviews of students and faculty sharing stories of their research projects in the humanities
• An inside look at the Leadership Alliance Mellon Initiative (LAMI) summer program through video interviews and research project presentations
• Optimized viewing experience for desktops, tablets and mobile devices
• A library of links to local and global humanities resources, institutes, and organizations
• Online applications for 2014-2015 award competitions including Faculty Research Fellowships, Graduate Student Research Fellowships, Team-Teaching Stipends, Research Project Team Stipends, and Grants-in-Aid
• A calendar of events organized by the Humanities Initiative
About the Humanities Initiative:
Created in 2007, the Humanities Initiative at NYU draws on the talents and energies of our faculty and students across the university to provide a forum for cross-disciplinary discussion and collaboration in the humanities and arts. To foster and enhance the humanities community at NYU, the Initiative sponsors a number of endeavors aimed at promoting interdisciplinary dialogue, teaching, and research.