Leah Cohen, Policy Advisor on Climate Resilience, NYC Mayor’s Office, of Long-Term Planning and Sustainability, Joins the Discussion
New York University’s Office of Sustainability in collaboration with the Wallerstein Collaborative for Urban Environmental Education presents a panel discussion: “Life After Sandy: Adapting to the New Normal,” Thursday, December 13, 2012, from 5:30-7:00 PM, at the NYU Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life, 238 Thompson Street, Room 461, NYC.
Panel presenters will share and discuss perspectives on NYU and NYC’s disaster response, adaptation and mitigation efforts in the context of sustainability. The discussion to follow will help us explore how we can strengthen these efforts, adapt and even thrive under the “new normal.”
The event is free and open to the public, but an RSVP is required. RSVP online at: http://www.nyu.edu/rsvp/event.php?e_id=4381 Refreshments will be served.
WHAT: NYU Panel Discussion: “Life After Sandy: Adapting to the New Normal”
WHEN: Thursday, December 13, 2012 from 5:30-7:00 PM
WHERE: NYU Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life, 238 Thompson Street, Room 461, NYC. Subways: N, R (8th Street); 6 (Astor Place); A,C,E,B,D,F,M (West 4th Street).
Moderator: Howard S. Schiffman, NYU Environmental Conservation Education
- Jennifer Dunn, Architecture for Humanity NY
- Leah Cohen, Policy Advisor on Climate Resilience, NYC Mayor’s Office, of Long-Term Planning and Sustainability
- Jeremy Friedman, NYU Office of Sustainability
- Constantine Kontokosta, NYU Center for the Sustainable Built Environment and NYU CUSP
- Carlos E. Restrepo, NYU Wagner Graduate School of Public Service
- Jennifer Dunn, Managing Director of Architecture for Humanity NY
Concluding Remarks: Mary Leou, NYU Wallerstein Collaborative
For more information about the participants, or other NYU Sustainability programming, please call 212.998.1073 or go visit http://www.nyu.edu/sustainability/calendar/las.php