November 16, 2012
NICHE Contact: Barbara Bricoli | 212-992-9753 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Now Open for 16th Annual Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders Conference, April 10-12, 2013
More than 600 nurses and health care professionals from over 200 hospitals will gather in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, for the 16th annual NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) Conference, April 10-12, 2013 at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. The theme of this year's conference is “Forging New Paths and Partnerships.”
The annual three-day NICHE Conferences are convened to share evidence-based innovations, research, and networking opportunities. The goal is to provide support to hospitals and other health care organizations in meeting the most critical challenge of our times - quality care of older adults.
For complete conference information and to register, visit http://conference2013.nicheprogram.org.
Conference keynotes are:
• Susan Reinhard, RN, PhD, senior vice president, AARP, chief strategist, AARP Champion Nursing in America
• Sharon K. Inouye, MD, MPH, director, Aging Brain Center at the Institute for Aging Research, Hebrew SeniorLife in Boston, Massachusetts, Milton and Shirley F. Levy Family Chair, professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School
• Nicole Brandt, PharmD, BCPP, CGP, FASCP, associate professor, Geriatric Pharmacotherapy, director of clinical and educational programs, Peter Lamy Center on Drug Therapy and Aging, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science, University of MD School of Pharmacy
• Betty Ferrell, RN, PhD, MA, FAAN, FPCN, CHPN, professor and research scientist, City of Hope Medical Center, Los Angeles.
Conference foci include:
• Medication management for older adult patients
• Dementia across the disease spectrum and across settings
• Innovations across the continuum of care
• Multi-disciplinary approach to improving the senior service
Gerontological nursing certification, becoming a senior friendly health system, physical environment and heart failure workshops are also planned. And over 100 poster presentations on a variety of elder care subjects will be exhibited during the conference.
“This year’s conference will truly forge new paths to innovative gerontological solutions,” says Liz Capezuti, PhD, RN, FAAN, director - NICHE, Dr. John W. Rowe Professor in Successful Aging, New York University College of Nursing. “The event will equip attendees with a wealth of information to better care for our older adult patients.”
NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) is an international program designed to help hospitals improve the care of older adults. The vision of NICHE is for all patients 65-and-over to be given sensitive and exemplary care. The mission of NICHE is to provide principles and tools to stimulate a change in the culture of healthcare facilities to achieve patient-centered care for older adults. NICHE, based at NYU College of Nursing, consists of over 400 hospitals and healthcare facilities throughout North America. For more information visit www.nicheprogram.org.
Follow us on Twitter @NICHEProgram
Type: Press Release
Press Contact: Christopher James | (212) 998-6876