Organizers of the 2010 Fusion Film Festival were not going to let a record snowfall in New York City stop them from holding the final and arguably the most important night of the Festival. Although forced to postpone the closing night screenings and announcement of the winners, the Festival was reconvened a week later (March 5). The Fusion Film Festival is a student-run event at NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts and celebrates the work of women filmmakers.
In the true spirit of the old showbiz maxim “the show must go on” fans, supporters, and participants assembled one last time at the Cantor Film Center to watch the finalists in the film and music video categories. Immediately following the screening the winners of the 7th annual Fusion Festival were announced.
The winners are:
· Best Film - Seasons of Love, directed by Grettel Batoon
· Best Undergraduate Director - Seasons of Love, directed by Grettel Batoon
· Best Grad Director - Steenbeck Story, directed by Marie Dvorakova
· Best Grad Cinematography - Harrow Island, directed by Anja Marquardt, cinematography by Kristina Nikolova
· Best Undergrad Cinematography - Too Sunny for Santa, directed by Erica Tachoir, cinematography by Matthew Troy
· Best Sight & Sound Film - Hear Me Fall, directed by Chloe Domont
· Best Short Screenplay – Haunting, written by Brooke Greeling
· Best Feature Screenplay - Mimi and Me, written by Elizabeth Kerin
· Best Music Video - America, Let's Go by Christopher Gordon and Dan Lubell, directed by Karen Odyniec