March 9, 2010
WHAT: New York University’s Office of Government and Community Affairs and Office of Civic Engagement will host a free forum for local nonprofits to build effective strategies to weather the current economic climate.
Registration is required; space is limited. Please contact Maria Skouras at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.998.2385.
Professionals in the field will share information on fundraising and development, building a strong volunteer base and strengthening public relations. This event is free and open to local nonprofit organizations.
Speakers will include:
· Naomi Levine, Executive Director, George H. Heyman, Jr. Center for Philanthropy and Fundraising
· Mike Bailey Executive Director, Strategic Marketing and Communications and Ken Brown, Director of Public Relations, NYU’s SCPS
· Rick Akin, Director of Volunteer Services, Bowery Residents' Committee
· Howard Greenstein, President, Harbrooke Group
· Adriana Pezzuli-Newman, Director of Development and Capital Project Contact, and Renee Laster, Entrepreneurial Programs Associate, Lower Eastside Girls' Club
WHEN: Friday, March 19, 2010; light breakfast, registration and networking begins at 9:00 a.m.; opening remarks at 9:45 a.m., Keynote Address begins at 10:00 a.m., and two break-out sessions are from 11: 00 a.m. – 12: 30 p.m. Lunch will be provided for participants at 12:30 p.m.
WHERE: NYU’s Kimmel Center for University Life, 60 Washington Square South, between LaGuardia Place and Thompson Street, registration in room 914.
Type: Press Release
Press Contact: Christopher James | (212) 998-6876