NYU COLLEGE OF DENTISTRY FEATURES GLOBAL HEALTH FORUM ON DEC. 3
34 NY State Professional Schools Collaborate in Global Health Programming Seminar
New York University’s College of Dentistryand the Associated Medical Schools of New York (http://www.amsny.org/) hosts a Global Health Forum, a day of collaborative efforts and resource sharing with participants from professional health schools across NY State. Representatives are invited to harness these resources into curriculum, research and service projects.
- WHAT: New York State Global Health Forum
- WHEN: Thursday, December 3, 2009, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- WHERE: NYU College of Dentistry, 345 East 24th Street, New York, NY 10010
9:00 - 10:00 Registration
10:00 - 10:30 Welcome/Introduction to Forum
- Welcome: Charles Bertolami, DDS, D Med Sc Dean, NYU College of Dentistry
- Introduction of Global Health Panel: Jo Wiederhorn President & CEO Associated Medical Schools of NY; NYS Academic Dental Centers
10:30 - 12:00 Global Health Panel
Moderator: Dr. Oliver Fein Associate Dean (Affiliations) & Office of Global Health Education Weill Cornell Medical College
- Charles Bertolami, DDS, D Med Sc, Dean, NYU College of Dentistry “Global Health Program Sustainability”
- Richard Deckelbaum, MD, MPH, President, GHEC, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons “Global Health Education Consortium and CUGH”
- Padmini Murthy, MD, MPH, MS, M Phil Assistant Professor, Dept. of Health Policy & Management Global Health/Dept. of Family & Community Medicine New York Medical College; School of Health Sciences Cultural Competencies and Skills”
- Natasha Anandaraja, MD, MPH Director, Global Health Center Mount Sinai School of Medicine “Comprehensive Training Program”
- Prahbjot Dhaadialla, PhD, Director, Health Systems Center for Global Health and Economic Development, Earth Institute “Interdisciplinary health work in the broader context of economic development”
12:00 - 1:00 Networking Lunch Break
1:00 - 3:00 Breakout Sessions
University Wide Collaborations Funding Curricula Development Basics in International Programming
3:15 - 4:30 Plenary Report Back Session
4:30 - 5:30 Keynote Presentation: Mr. Navid Hanif, Chief, Policy Coordination Branch Department of Economic and Social Affairs (ECOSOC) United Nations
For more information, contact Kim Misevis, Program Manager, at 212.218.4610.
About New York University College of Dentistry Founded in 1865, New York University College of Dentistry (NYUCD) is the third oldest and the largest dental school in the US, educating more than 8 percent of all dentists. NYUCD has a significant global reach and provides a level of national and international diversity among its students that is unmatched by any other dental school.