New York University’s Fales Library, the home of one of the nation’s largest and prestigious archives in food studies, will host a discussion entitled “Who’s Who and What’s What: The Evolution of the Food Cognoscenti in America,” on Thursday, November 5, at 4:00 p.m. at the Elmer Holmes Bobst Library, Third Floor, 70 Washington Square South.
The panelists include:
- Mitchell Davis - Author and Vice President of the James Beard Foundation
- Barbara Haber - Food Historian, Author, Curator and Chair of the James Beard Foundation’s Who’s Who Committee
- Daniel Humm - New York Times’ newest Four-Star Chef
- Marion Nestle - Author & New York University Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies & Public Health
- Bob Splitz - Julia Child’s Biographer
- Moderated by Clark Wolf - Food & Restaurant Consultant
The event’s sponsors are NYU’s Fales Library, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development, Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health, and Clark Wolf, founder of the Clark Wolf Company, the food, restaurant, and hospitality consulting firm. The event is part of The Critical Topics Series, which is made possible in part by the generosity of The Lizzie and Jonathan Tisch Foundation. The suggested donations for this event are $10. To RSVP for this event please call 212.992.9018 or visit email@example.com.