WHAT: “Field of Dreams: A New Age for Global Real Estate Capital Markets,” the 42nd Annual Conference on Capital Markets in Real Estate, hosted by the NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate at the NYU School of Continuing and Professional Studies.
WHO: These key real estate industry leaders will lead panels on a range of topics, all dealing with the prospects ahead for investment in commercial real estate after this year’s credit crisis and dislocation of global capital markets:
- Sam Zell, chairman, Equity Group Investments, LLC, will deliver the keynote address (@8:15 a.m.)
- Richard Kessler, COO, Beneson Capital Partners LLC/ Schack Institute adjunct professor, will lead panel on “Private Equity-Eye of the Storm or Global Opportunities?” (@9:10 a.m.)
- Stephen Pearlman, director, Houlihan Lackey/ Schack Institute adjunct professor, will lead panel on “Financing-Liquidity Resurfaces” (@ 10:00 a.m.)
- Robert Blumenthal, managing director, Deutsche Bank Securities/ Schack Institute adjunct professor, will lead panel on “Structured Finance-Revival Through Public/Private Partnerships” (@ 11:05 a.m.)
- Michael Stoler, managing director, Madison realty Capital/ Schack Institute adjunct professor, will lead panel on “International-Pandemic or Islands of Vitality?” (@11:55 a.m.)
- Peter Muoio, senior principal, Maximus Advisors, will deliver the afternoon address on “Landmarks and Land Mines on the Road to Recovery” (@12:45 p.m.)
- James Stuckey, Schack Institute divisional dean and Klara and Larry Silverstein Chair of Real Estate, will introduce and then Robert Blumenthal of Deutsche Bank will moderate the lunchtime discussion on “New York City: Still the Golden Apple?” with SL Green Realty CEO Marc Holliday, AREA Property Managers chairman William Mack, Related Companies CEO Stephen Ross, Rudin Management president William Rudin, and Silverstein Properties CEO Larry Silverstein (@ 2:05 p.m.)
A full list of speakers and a detailed agenda for the 2009 Capital Markets in Real Estate Conference can be found on the NYU-SCPS website.
WHEN: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 8:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
WHERE: The Waldorf=Astoria Hotel, 301 Park Avenue (between East 49th and East 50th Streets) New York City
MEDIA ONLY: Reporters are invited to cover all or part of the conference. To register for a press pass, please contact Cheryl Guevara at 212 992-9103 or Cheryl.Guevara@nyu.edu.