Judges and international law scholars will come together to explore important issues facing the international judiciary, including international adjudication and global policymaking and relations between international and national tribunals, at a two-day conference hosted by New York University School of Laws Journal of International Law and Politics. The Normalizing of Adjudication in Complex International Governance Regimes: Patterns, Possibilities, and Problems will take place on Tuesday, October 28 and Wednesday, October 29, 2008, at NYU School of Law and is co-hosted by the Institute for International Law and Justice, the International Law Society, and NYUs Deutsches Haus.
Judge Bruno Simma of the International Court of Justice will deliver the keynote address.
To make a press reservation, please contact Jason Casell at 212.998.6849 or email@example.com. (All others: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 347.668.6441).
For a complete schedule, please go to: http://www.law.nyu.edu/journals/jilp/symposium
- WHAT: The Normalizing of Adjudication in Complex International Governance Regimes: Patterns, Possibilities, and Problems
- WHO: Judge Bruno Simma, International Court of Justice
Other participants include:
- Georges Abi-Saab, Former Chair, World Trade Organization Appellate Body
- Judge Sonia Sotomayor, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Stephen Vasciannie, Member, United Nations International Law Commission
- Patricia OBrien, United Nations Legal Counsel, former legal adviser to the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
- Juliane Kokott, Advocate General, European Court of Justice
- Donald Donovan, Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton, adjunct professor, NYU School of Law
- Joseph Weiler, University Professor, Joseph Straus Professor of Law, NYU School of Law
- Benedict Kingsbury, Murry and Ida Becker Professor of Law, New York University School of Law
- Rob Howse, Lloyd C. Nelson Professor of International Law, NYU School of Law
- Mattias Kumm, Professor of Law, NYU School of Law
- Thomas M. Franck, Murry and Ida Becker Professor of Law Emeritus, New York University School of Law
- José Alvarez, Hamilton Fish Professor of International Law and Diplomacy, Visiting Professor of Law, NYU School of Law
- Eric Posner, Kirkland & Ellis Professor of Law, University of Chicago Law School, Visiting Professor of Law, NYU School of Law
- Eyal Benvenisti, Professor of Law, Tel Aviv University Faculty of Law, Visiting Professor of Law, NYU School of Law
- Nehal Bhuta, Assistant Professor of Law, University of Toronto Faculty of Law
- WHEN: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.; Wednesday, October 17, 2008, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Tuesdays event will take place at NYU School of Law, Lester Pollack Colloquium Room, Furman Hall, 245 Sullivan Street, 9th Floor (between Washington Square South and W. 3rd Street); Wednesdays events will take place at NYU School of Law, Greenberg Lounge, Vanderbilt Hall, 40 Washington Square South (between Macdougal and Sullivan Streets)(Subways: A, B, C, D, E, F, V (West 4th Street))