- WHAT: Def Jam co-founder Russell Simmons moderates a panel on Muslim-Jewish relations, featuring Rabbi Marc Schneier, Imam Muhammad Shamsi Ali, Rabbi Yehuda Sarna, and Imam Khalid Latif. The panel will candidly discuss the challenges and opportunities of building Muslim-Jewish relations on campus and the innovative work that Mr. Simmons and Rabbi Schneir are doing to combat anti-Semitism and Islamaphobia across the globe.
- WHO: In this past year, Hillel: The Jewish Cultural Foundation at NYU, The Bronfman Center for Jewish Student Life at NYU, and The Islamic Center at NYU have promoted Muslim-Jewish dialogue on campus. Through events such as 1 Muslim, 1 Jew, 1 Stage and the Alternative Spring Break trip that brought 15 Muslim students and 15 Jewish students together to help rebuild the devastated areas of New Orleans, students have sought to build meaningful connections with each other. The Foundation for Ethnic Understanding founded by Russell Simmons and Rabbi Marc Schneier has been leading the global fight against anti-Semitism and Islamaphobia.
- WHEN: Monday, October 22. Doors open at 6:30. Panel from 7:00 to 8:30 pm
- WHERE: NYUs Kimmel Center, Room 914, 60 Washington Square South, New York, NY 10012
For more information please contact:
- Eric Goldberg, Hillel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Khalid Latif, Director/Chaplain, ICNYU: email@example.com or cell: 732-904-1927
- The Bronfman Center for Jewish Student Life at NYU: 212-998-4123
- The Islamic Center at NYU: 212.998.4712