Dear Fellow Members of the NYU Community,
On behalf of the Provost, the Executive Vice President, and the Chief Financial Officer, I am pleased to share with you in the pages that follow the key elements of the budget for New York University∗ for fiscal 2013 (which covers the period September 1, 2012 to August 31, 2013).
Every year, the annual budget for NYU balances resources and needs. The budget for fiscal 2013:
- Sets moderate increases in student charges;
- Continues investments begun in fiscal 2012 for a new Center for Urban Science and Progress, located adjacent to NYU-Poly in Brooklyn;
- Invests in a new multi-school facility, also located in Brooklyn, for integrated digital design that will co-locate selected research, graduate and undergraduate programs of the Tisch School of the Arts, the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development, NYU-Poly, and the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences;
- Sustains our academic momentum through continued faculty recruitment, new research opportunities for faculty and graduate students in NYU's global network, and continued capital investments in academic facilities;
- Maintains a focus on strengthening the administrative infrastructure that supports the University’s academic mission while improving operating efficiency.
NYU will continue to be vigilant about its budget to ensure that support of academic excellence remains our highest priority. I hope you will find this outline of NYU's fiscal 2013 budget to be informative.
Anthony P. Jiga
Vice President for Budget and Planning
* All parts of New York University other than the NYU Langone Medical Center (i.e., the School of Medicine and the Hospitals) and NYU Polytechnic Institute.