The Student Senators Council with the generous assistance of Senior Vice Provost for Research has established a fund to support student expenses for conferences. Conference Fund is available to all students, undergraduate and graduate, who are looking for funding to attend a conference that is related to their major, minor, and/or professional goals.
Presenting an academic project, a creative exhibit, and/or a performance at a conference can be a valuable experience which enriches a student’s understanding of a discipline and subsequent professions. The purpose of the grants is to encourage and assist student presentations at academic conferences and/or allowing students to attend a conference that is related to his/her goals by offsetting the cost of attendance.
Awards of up to $500.00 (up to $750.00 for international travel) will be given to those invited to present or perform at a conference/meeting.
Funding eligibility is open to all students who meet the following:
- Are a matriculated student at time of travel.
- Have the written support from a faculty member, advisor or professional who can attest to the quality for the student’s work or the academic benefit of attending the conference.
- Are in good academic and judicial standing with the University
Students may be awarded one conference grant per fiscal year.
- Students must submit a 500 word letter of intent describing the conference and the students necessity of participating in it
- Resume and/or CV
- Breakdown of all expenses related to the conference and a narrowed list of what the grant would cover, if awarded
- Proof of conference as well as invitation to conference
All Grant recipients will be asked to present at a Colloquium that will be held at the end of each Academic Year. More detailed information will be provided to recipients.
Grant Reimbursement Process
All recipients must submit receipts for expenses that will be covered by the funds awarded. Students will then be reimbursed after the submission of all receipts and proof of payment.
Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis. The application will be reviewed by a committee formed by the Student Senators Council.