Administration & Technology
examines administrative issues which affect faculty, including technology-related issues such as technology-enhanced education
Committee Chair, 2013-2014: Todd Disotell
Review of Statement of Policy and Guidelines on Educational and Research Uses of Copyrighted Materials
- At the begining of the academic year, the Provost sent a memo asking the FSC to review the Statement of Policy and Guidelines on Educational and Research Uses of Copyrighted Materials.
- The Administration & Technology Committee and Educational Policies Committee reviewed the document and the following statement and recommendation was approved by the Council at the November FSC meeting:
- After a thorough review, the FSC Educational Policies Committee and Administration & Technology Committee endorsed its contents and guidelines.
- Some of the specific legal strictures and categories governing fair use might be unclear and unknown to faculty. To address this possibility, our recommendation is that a document be prepared by the Provost's Office with bullet points for faculty to more easily reference the applicable rules governing the use of copyrighted materials.
- View PDF of FSC Review (November 14, 2013)
- Response from Provost (November 25, 2013)
Todd Disotell (right) at Spring Faculty Reception on Feb. 5, 2013