Congratulations to the new AMC Officers! At the April general meeting, a new slate of officers was elected for the 2016-17 academic year: Raymond Lutsky as Chair, Kristi Schwindt Ramos as Vice Chair for a second term, Daniel Holub as Treasurer, and Katrina Denney as Secretary. Results of the Representative elections for the 2016-18 term are available here.
Stay informed! Read up on major university projects.
- The Superblock Stewardship Advisory Committee has been established to provide advice to the University and a forum for consultation on quality-of-life issues on both blocks before, during, and after construction on the superblocks. The AMC is represented on the committee by Barbara Albrecht; please contact Barbara if you have any questions or feedback.
- A Protection of Minors Steering Committee has been established by the Provost and the Executive Vice President for Operations to advise about the safety, welfare, and protection of minors involved in events and programs at NYU. Justine Kelly-Fierro represents the AMC on the steering committee.
- The Ad Hoc Committee on Tuition Remission and Portable Tuition is focused on the tuition remission (TR) and portable tuition benefit offered by NYU. In response to TR and portable tuition questions and concerns posed by the Benefits Committees of each Council, a single committee is being created so that representatives may collaboratively consider and unitedly express a recommended roadmap for the NYU tuition remission and portable tuition policies and programs moving forward.
- The Senate Ad Hoc Committee on Work-Life Issues will inventory current work-life services offered by the university; investigate those offered by peer institutions; evaluate the NYU community’s needs for these services; recommend ways to improve, streamline, or expand services to meet those needs; and consider the viability of creating a new office to handle all work-life issues.
- The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Advisory Task force focuses on the critical work of advancing the University’s efforts to embrace its diversity and promote a culture of inclusion for all NYU students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
Exhibition Dates: Friday, May 27 - Monday, July 4, 2016
Location: Stovall Gallery, Kimmel Center for University Life, 60 Washington Square South, 8th Floor
The AMC is proud to present its 19th Annual Art Show, featuring artwork by administrators from across the university. Come explore your colleagues' unique artistic visions.
Book Club June Meeting
Date: Monday, June 6, 2016
Time: 12:30 PM
Location: Bobst Library Public Services Conference Room
Save the date for the AMC Book Club's next meeting. The book selection is Janny Scott's A Singular Woman: the Untold Story of Barack Obama's Mother. See more details and the full Book Club schedule under the Special Events Committee tab.
Luncheon for Filipino @ NYU
The AMC is proud to have sponsored a luncheon on February 25 for Filipino employees. The event was attended by more than 20 people, including faculty, administrators and staff.