The Office of Industrial Liaison/Technology Transfer manages all activities relating to the protection and commercial promotion of inventions made at New York University, including its Medical Center and Washington Square campuses. The goals of the office include:
- Facilitating the transfer of technology from the laboratory to the marketplace.
- Securing patent protection for new technologies
- Generating industrial support for ongoing applied research projects
- Licensing NYU technologies to ensure full commercial application and generate royalties
- Building an equity portfolio of companies around NYU technologies