Sustainability, Energy and Technical Services is primarily responsible for the operations and maintenance of the Central co-gen plant, University Energy saving and recycling initiatives, sustainable landscaping, Utility Services, and HVAC.
Sustainability, Energy & Technical Services is responsible for the following within Operations:
Engineering Standards & Review
Develop University-wide infrastructure strategic plan for critical facilities and systems, review project plans for compliance with University and department standards, and provide engineering support to other Operations groups.
Ensure safe, reliable operation of the University's central plant and critical MEP equipment/systems, and develop processes and procedures to respond and recover from critical system failures.
Manage the University's energy needs and associated forecasts and budgets, and develop/manage the University's utility needs as efficiently, cost-effectively, and reliable as possible.
- Assess and prioritize critical facilities and systems for deficiencies.
- Develop short-term and long-term plans to correct deficiencies and bring infrastructure up to acceptable and reliable standards.
- Develop and document building and engineering standards.
- Assess technical operations for efficiency, reliability and cost-effectiveness; develop best practice standards by which performance is measured.
- Develop energy strategy, associated energy management projects and economic incentives.