Chief of Staff to the Executive Vice President & V.P. for Administration
As Chief of Staff to the Executive Vice President and Vice President for Administration, Steven Donofrio is responsible for:
1. the stewardship, planning, policy development and communication among the broad range of critical services and functions that report to the EVP to ensure timely, cost-effective, high-quality support to a variety of stakeholders. These areas include: Administrative Services, Real Estate, Human Resources, Strategic Assessment, Planning and Design.
2. participating in the university’s strategic initiative that will develop well-crafted imperatives for achieving more efficient utilization of existing physical, financial, technological and human resources across a broad spectrum. Mr. Donofrio will collaborate to identify opportunities to implement improved business processes that increase effectiveness, flexibility and responsiveness while maintaining accountability.
The Vice President for Administration provides leadership, planning and coordination to the University’s administrative operations to develop and maintain optimal support of the University’s mission and goals. As a member of the Executive Vice President’s staff, the Vice President for Administration participates in strategic planning to ensure that the University is a preeminent provider of critical services and functions to the NYU community.
- Facilitates and monitors progress of EVP operations
- Promotes, develops and implements strategic initiatives (Best Practices)
- Fosters horizontal cooperation & decision-making
- Trouble-shoots problem issues and areas
- Oversees administrative operations, campus planning and EVP human resources
Mr. Donofrio served as Executive Associate Dean for Finance and Administration at the NYU College of Dentistry for twenty years prior to this position. He received his M.B.A. from Seton Hall University and his B.S. from Fairleigh Dickinson University.